Arrived via Brishen:
Water Vs Coke.
This is really an eye opener…. Water or Coke? We all know that
water is important but I’ve never seen it written down like this before.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for
almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day
could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon
cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two
gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone
in two days.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl
and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid cleans out the stains. Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with
a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to
the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking
pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of
greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
And Now, For Your Info .Yikes!!!!
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8.
It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
- To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck
must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
- The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines
of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is………… would you like a glass of water or a
An un-sourced forward, so take from it what you will, but it is interesting nonetheless. Especially considering the Lululemon Athletica Manifesto:
Coke, Pepsi and all other pops will be known as the cigarettes of the future. Colas are NOT a substitute for water. Colas are just another cheap drug made to look great by advertising.