I’ve sent the following 10 questions to each of my local candidates (Action, Conservative, Green, Liberal, NDP) in Vancouver-Quadra riding. If/as I get responses from the candidates (or their reps), I’ll post the answers here so that you can learn along with me what my candidates stand for.
If you’re not in my riding, I encourage you to do the same with your local candidates. If you like, simply copy & paste these questions, and modify the riding-specific question to your own. If you do take the questions, please leave a comment below with both your riding, and if applicable, your site, so that others coming won’t send them to the same candidate over and over again, and also, so that I can go and see what (if any) responses you get.
Withou further ado, here are the questions I’m hoping to have answered
- What are you doing personally to engage young voters?
- What is your stance on same-sex marriage & adoption?
- Highlight 2 or 3 ways you will work to decrease the barriers to post-secondary education (class-size, funding, debt, accessibility, etc)?
- What is your position on moving beyond NAFTA toward ‘deep integration’ with the US?
- What is your position on implementing the recommendations of the Romanow commission on health care?
- What do you feel is the most pressing issue for residents of the Vancouver-Quadra riding?
- Once in office, how will you make yourself available on an ongoing basis to the needs of your constituents?
- Please identify one aspect of one of your opponents’ platforms explain 1 or 2 ways how your position is the better alternative.
- How do you think Canada should proceed with regards to the Kyoto Protocols? If not through Kyoto (too harsh or not enough), how to do you think Canada should move towards decreasing the nation’s ecological footprint?
- Do you support a larger, smaller or same size military, and what is the primary purpose for your support?