I just received a phone call at work that was an automated survey, based on American politics. They called our 1-866 number, so I’m guessing that’s on a list somewhere. Anyway – I’ve never participated in a phone-poll run by a robot. All I had to do was press “1” for yes and press “2” for no. Below, I’m listing the questions. See if you can guess how I answered each question:
- Do you approve of George Bush’s policies in Iraq?
- Do you think the US should negotiate the release of hostages in Iraq?
- Do you think the Air Marshalls were justified in shooting [that guy] in Miami?
- Do you think the US is in a better economic situation compared to last year?
- Do you think Florida Governor Jeb Bush is a strong presidential candidate?
I wonder if my left-leaning Canadian politics will skew this poll? I was trying to guess the politics of the polling organization. I’m assuming that it’s a left-wing poll, because the questions are worded in a slightly negative way, vis-a-vis current policies, but, of course, maybe they were expecting a different set of answers than I gave…