This is one of those Facebook memes that I normally ignore, but well, here I am not ignoring it. The rules of this meme are (as this will show up in Facebook too):
[To do this, go to â€œnotesâ€ under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.]
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
And the survey says…
- My middle name is Duncan. It was originally going to be my first name, but my sister was reading a book where the bad guy’s name was Duncan (I think maybe Black Beauty?) and so my first name is Steven.
- I have had 4 major injuries in my life. Each time, I had a dream about the exact injury at some point in the 3 nights prior.
- When playing superheroes with friends, I always wanted to be Robin, because he was the Boy Wonder. I thought grown-up superheroes were lame.
- I told my grade 3 classmates that my dad was a pilot, because he traveled so much. I also told them that he would pick me up from school in his plane one day, and concocted very complicated lies as to why he did not. I never admitted that he wasn’t a pilot.
- Social cues do not come naturally to me. I watch other people interacting & television to learn how to react to different situations. More often than not, my immediate social responses are what I deem to be appropriate, not what I feel. Only in the past few years have most common interactions started to come naturally.
- I have a very severe inner voice that alternately castigates me and tells me a variety of worst-case scenarios that could happen. This has resulted in my being a perfectionist & a constant devil’s advocate, to both my benefit & detriment.
- I have never been to a therapist, although have often wondered if I should.
- As a child, I was part of study involving Aspartame, that involved me drinking impossibly large slushies that would either be sugar-based or aspartame-based. As a result, I can no longer stomach anything that tastes of aspartame.
- As a teenager, I was really into existentialism. In a fit, I convinced myself that my own hands, were not, in fact, my own, and were constraining my own “true” hands. I sliced the knuckle of my left middle-finder with a knife to test this out.
- It takes a lot to anger me (see #5). Once angered, however, I am incredibly cold, distant and deliberately cruel to whomever has angered me. Most people whom I’ve been angry with never forgive me, with good reason. Leah is a notable, happy exception to this.
- When people speak in my dreams, they invariably speak in french. I obviously cannot confirm this, but I believe that people spoke in my own made-up language until I learned french.
- I don’t understand online games. I play video games to escape from other people, and can think of nothing worse than having to play video games with strangers I don’t know.
- Before Liam was born, I was very worried that I wouldn’t be very interested in him, and this would destroy my marriage. I knew that I was totally wrong with 0.02 seconds of Liam’s birth, and actually love being a dad.
- I don’t believe in the death penalty, for any reason.
- I cannot see or hear a story about something bad happening to a child without picturing it happening to Liam. I’ve had to stop watching Law & Order: SVU because of this.
- I usually tell people that Liam is the best thing that has ever happened to me, because that is what I think is expected. But this is not true. He is the second best. Leah is really the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- I am a huge NFL fan, but I have never seen a game in person.
- I have slept through 2 earthquakes large enough to cause damage: 1 in Portugal, 1 in LA.
- When I was 5, my grandfather died. I tickled his feet to try and wake him up. For a long time afterwards, I believed that I had killed my grandfather.
- I used to be a deadhead and have been to as many concerts as there are items in this list.
- I am a very anxious person, and have seriously considered anti-anxiety medication, but am too afraid of what the side effects might be.
- I am a pessimist.
- I only ever feel lonely when I’m with other people.
- I want to go to space before I die.
- I rarely swear because I don’t think I sound convincing when I do.
Over to you!